Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory
Situated on a 117 acre site which includes the environmental sensitive Kossuth Bog, the 25,000 square foot facility includes a 10,800 square foot indoor tropical garden featuring 1000’s of free flying exotic butterflies from all over the world, over 100 different varieties of tropical plants, waterfalls, streams, reflecting pools, tropical birds, fish and turtles.
Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory is a privately owned Canadian Corporation and derives its income solely from admissions, gift store, café sales and facility rentals. The Conservatory does not receive any financial support from the government.
The Conservatory opened January 26, 2001 as Wings of Paradise Butterfly Conservatory and in 2010 changed its name to Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory to more accurately reflect the Butterfly Conservatory’s location and purpose.